Friday, June 3, 2011

summer smoothie

smoothie
I love breakfast foods. They are my absolute favorite, but I don't want them everyday. Plus, I don't like milk, so cereal is totally out of the question. So, smoothies are my go-to breakfast option. I make one everyday. It's fun to try out different combination and, every once in awhile, I stumble across one that really works. This is my favorite smoothie right now, and Jeffrey likes it, too.

Summer Smoothie
Serves 2

8 ice cubes
1 banana
About 1/2 cup 100% pineapple juice*
About 1/2 cup orange juice*
6-8 fresh strawberries
6-8 frozen mango chunks

Blend and enjoy!

* I never measure the amount of juice I put in, so this is a rough estimate. You might even start out with a smaller amount and work up to a bigger one, depending on the thickness you prefer! When I make this for myself, I just use pineapple juice, but Jeffrey likes it with orange, so we mix them together. :)

P.S. My camera's broken (sad), image found here.

2 comments:

Alex Byer said...

Mmmm that sounds delicious :) And poor camera!! I hope it gets fixed soon!

Jamie @ charmingly ordinary said...

Ohhh. I think I will have to try this! Would be a nice summer treat at our house. And sadly, I am about send my camera off to be fixed. Eeek! What's a blogger to do without a camera? Go to tumblr, I guess. :)