- I have an unhealthy obsession with all things awesomely bad. I avidly watch movies such as Grease 2 and The Room, seek out YouTube videos of horrible acting, and listen to Rick Astley, knowing full well that these are all terrible, cheesy, and delightfully awful.
- To this day, I still have a certain seat at my family dinner table that I always need to sit in. I guess it's a mild case of obsessive compulsive disorder, or a really strong resistance to change. While everyone else in the family can shift their seating positions as much as they please, I can’t help getting upset if I’m not able to sit in the same old spot.
- I’m crazy about Christmas. I actually celebrate Christmas in July because I just can’t wait for the most wonderful time of the year to arrive! And it’s not unusual for me to have a majority of my gifts bought or purchased before Labor Day rolls around.
- Shy as I may be when amongst strangers, I love to dance in public places where dancing is not expected. The grocery store, the mall, convenience stores, and coffee shops are all as good as dance clubs for me. This groovier side of myself is of particular embarrassment to my mother and my fiance.
- I used to have absolutely love for unicorns. As a child, I was told that unicorns didn’t exist because they didn’t make it on to Noah’s Ark in time - I was so upset with Noah that I cried.
- The only kind of spoon I will use at home is an iced tea spoon. What is an iced tea spoon you ask? They’re a really long, narrow and skinny style of spoon (and I guess they’re particularly handy at mixing iced tea?). Growing up, my mom kept a few of them with the rest of our silverware and I always tended to use them over the others. This special set of spoons then made the trip with me to college and when I moved out. I’m still not sure what is about them that I love so much, but I get upset when the only clean spoons around are the short and squat kind.
- I tire of driving the short distance to and from work everyday, but I love long road trips. Stick me and my fiance Mike in a car for hours at a time and we’ll have a ball! We drove cross country in 2009 and are planning a road trip up to Canada this spring for our honeymoon.
- I love to read aloud. Luckily this is one of those habits that I kicked before I got too old. But whenever I read something out loud nowadays to my family or friends, everyone makes fun of my hurried enthusiasm while reading to them.