Monday, June 6, 2011

a post for me.

When I first started this blog, it was for me. It was a time in my life when I felt a little more lonely than usual and I needed something for myself. This blog was the result. I've always enjoyed writing, but was never disciplined enough to keep a diary. This seemed like the perfect compromise for me -- a balance of spontaneity and accountability that I needed when I felt like I didn't belong in my new world.

It's become more clear to me in the past couple of weeks that this blog is no longer for me. I think I got too caught up in commenting and wanting to gain readership that I completely forgot why blogging brought such joy into my life -- a time for me to sit down and write about anything that I felt like writing about. It didn't matter how many pictures there were, or how funny my words were, or even how many people read it. It was for me and the people in my life that enjoyed hearing and reading my words -- whether that was on a blog or in person.

I adore and appreciate every single person that stops by this blog and reads my words and gains something from them. Whether or not you choose to comment doesn't matter. Thank you for being here. I'm taking a step back from my blog to help myself remember why it is that I write and take pictures of the things in my life. I'll be back when the value of my words and pictures ring true to me again. xo, R.

4 comments:

Jamie @ charmingly ordinary said...

I think we've discussed this very thing, and I've been wrestling with the same thoughts lately...

Looking forward to your return!

XO

LW said...

I don't always comment, but I love reading your posts every day. In fact, it is one of the highlights of my often busy days. To read my daughters words and look at her pictures brings me great joy. It's kind of like that "you've got mail" feeling. You know what I am talking about. Love you a bunch. XXOO

Laura said...

I really appreciate your honesty and support your decision to take a step away from this for a while. Sometimes I too find myself caught up in the race to network and increase my readership, while forgetting that it was my pure love of writing that got me started on this. I've loved to read your blog and hope to see you back here in the future!

Ed Woltil said...

I love you, Rox! Ditto to all the other comments and support...do what you love and whatever brings you joy! Your postings have given me much joy...thank you!