1. I pick split ends. I mean I can spend a good hour or so doing this -- staring, almost cross-eyed, at the ends of my hair and picking each one, one by one. It's addicting and I am here to warn you: do not start. And also, don't try to stop me once I'm on a roll. I'll just get pissed.
2. I used to (maybe still do... once in awhile) pluck my big toe and feet with a tweezer instead of shaving them. They're not particularly hairy but I think I was (am?) afraid if I shaved them, the hair would increase. So I twist like a gymnast on my bathroom counter and pluck each hair. I'm starting to see a pattern of quirks having to do with hair.
3. In keeping with hair, I used to lay on my bedroom floor (grade-school guys, grade-school) on my stomach with my face to one side, and when the sun would shine, I'd see every dog or human hair on my floor and i would gather them all into piles by sweeping my hand across the floor and then throw away the piles. I really don't like stray hairs. Totally normal.
4. This is more of a character flaw then a quirk. Quirk implies cute little endearing traits... character flaw, not so much. My own mess, be it my bedroom or bathroom, is okay by me. I know I'll get to it. Steve leaves his things around: "Pick up your f-ing socks!!" (Freaking guys, I meant freaking.)
5. I narrate for my dog. All the live-long day. In this dumb little voice (it's not a super annoying baby voice though. Don't worry, guys.) I go on and on and on. Steve does too though. Yup. Throwing him under the bus. Funny story that just happened. Gracie is outside in the snow -- we're both inside where she can't even hear us -- and we're still narrating for her: "Hey guys. I'm out in the snow. It's hard to get through." There's always a "Hey guys," before the things she "says."
6. I really like a clean inbox. It gives me agita (definition: heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach) to have a bunch of stuff in my inbox but lately there's no way around it. There's a bunch that need to stay there till I've addressed them. That sounds super fancy. I'm really mostly a stay-at-home-Mom. Don't be fooled.
7. I love the Bachelor. That's not a quirk. Just a confession. I loooooooooooove The Bachelor (or Bachelorette, but really The Bachelor more because a bunch of girls in the house gets way more testy than a bunch of men). Steve watches it with me. We cuddle and laugh about how many times we'll hear, "I'm here for the right reason," "I've done a lot of soul-searching," or "Those other girls aren't right for you." Oh and, "Brad...Ladies, this is the final rose. When you're ready."
Disclaimer: While writing these quirks I picked 8 split ends. Wait. Now 9.
And on that note, I've decided to take a break from the quirks. I've been really busy with school and haven't had time to devote to it at all. I might bring them back in the future. Thanks to all who participated! :) xo, R.