Wednesday, October 27, 2010

birthday breakdown.

margaritaaa.
Well, I had a beautiful birthday. I'm not surprised though. I was surrounded by my favorite people and the best food ever, so there you have it. My birthday started at midnight when my roommates came out with noisemakers and huge bags fulls of gifts. I'm a lucky gal. My parents drove up for lunch and we ate at Boca Fiesta. Don't let that margarita fool you, it was awful. I recommend the food, but not the alcohol. PS. That's where those awesome chips & salsa came from. I know you were wondering. After the disappointing margarita fiasco, we went to this sweet little park on campus and had birthday cake. My mom made Posie Gets Cozy's go-to birthday cake, and now I totally understand why it's her go-to birthday cake. All I'm going to say about that is if you like cake, make this one. You won't be sorry. And, of course, it was covered in sprinkles because no cake is complete without them. That's how I feel about it, anyway.
birthday cake.
cake.
After that, my mom and I split a Mike's Lemonade because it was my 21st birthday after all, the margarita at Boca Fiesta was awful, and I really wanted to have my first drink with my mom. You understand. My parents left (and I didn't cry this time!) and Jeffrey and I got ready to go to Satchel's (the most divine pizza place in our little college town). We picked up two of our best friends, Sara and Khoi, and went on our merry way. I got a Coke with dinner because there's nothing like Coke and pizza. I know that's not really 21st-Birthday-ish of me, but it was my special day. I make the rules. Sara and I bought each other plastic dogs because we were (and obviously still are) in love with little plastic animals as children, and these were only 50 cents. An obvious must-have. Khoi (Sara's boyfriend, by the way. We also went through all of elementary school together.) drank about 8 glasses of Sweet Tea, and I'm not kidding. Everything was awesome. Just when I was pretty sure that things couldn't get any better, they did. I think it's pretty clear by now that I am hopelessly in love with Audrey Hepburn. My roommates surprised me with a movie night (where the main feature was Breakfast At Tiffany's, my favorite movie of all time. Please go watch it now if you haven't ever seen it.) complete with a heap of blankets, pillows, movie snacks, and donuts. The donuts were a necessity since Audrey Hepburn eats one at the beginning of the movie. I promise this would make more sense if you just watched it.
b at t party.
My friends, family, and Jeffrey are perfectly perfect. I could not have asked for a more wonderful 21st birthday. My parents spoiled me with two adorable skirts, some new shoes, and a bunch of other really sweet and awesome things. My roommates each gave me really sweet, sentimental gifts that made me want to cry happy tears, my sister and her fiance (what?!) gave me a pair of tights and a REALLY cute scarf (that my sister knit!) that I haven't been able to wear yet because of silly 80 degree weather, and Jeffrey surprised me with a brand new Brooks leather saddle for my bike. That's like, the Bentley of bike seats, y'all, AND I HAVE ONE! I'll take a picture sometime soon. Promise!
my cute family (minus my sister).
And, as promised, a picture of Jeffrey's short hair. This was taken on my birthday! I'm getting really great at self-timer, don't ya think?! Woosh! That was a crazy long post. I hope you enjoyed reading it. Now I'm tired. :)

xo, R.

4 comments:

Destini Lea said...

Ok, there are so many good things about this post. First, I like the new header. I love that you had a wonderful birthday. I have been wanting to see Breakfast at Tiffany's since this summer, when you told me to! Haha, I just keep getting so caught up in things. It's hard to fit in watching movies you want to see, when you're getting movies to watch as homework haha. Maybe that will be tomorrow night's activity. That cake looks delicious, I will have to make one! I love that you and your mom split a Mike's, and that you had coke with dinner. That reminds me of my 21st birthday, where my indulgence of choice was a Coldstone cupcake, haha. That picture of you guys is soo wonderful, I love it! I think you get prettier every time you post a new picture of yourself, and I am in love with your hair... how did it get so long so fast? And I love your outfit. And Jeffrey looks great too! You guys are going to be my favorite couple forever, haha. Glad you had a great birthday. Look forward to reading more :)

Sarah said...

Aww, looks like you had a wonderful birthday! It's good to hear that family, friends, and Jeffrey were there to make your birthday memorable. Birthdays are just the best.

And I read before that you're trying to grow out your hair, well it looks cute! You should try and keep letting in grow out, even if it's tough, because long hair looks cute on you :)

Elise / Pennyweight said...

Aww yay! This sounds so lovely!! Happy Birthday! :)

And thanks for the heads up on the Gap jeans... I just found some on Gap.com and am in love!! Must go to the store this weekend to try them on.

xo,
Elise

Roxanne said...

Destini, thank you so much! Believe it or not I feel like my hair is growing more slowly than molasses. My hairdresser keeps telling me otherwise, but she gets paid to say that! Glad to hear it from a true friend, ha! :)