Friday, February 26, 2010

Dear Produce Section,

Thank you for all of the lovely citrus you've had in stock lately. I have been enjoying Ruby Red Grapefruit for breakfast every morning and oranges in the afternoon. I'm a little upset that it's no longer apple season because my beloved Honeycrisps have disappeared. But that's okay, they were expensive, anyway. I'm a little disappointed with your grape selection, as it seems that you never have green ones in stock. And if you do, they look kind of gross. I'm no longer impressed by your watermelon. Sorry. It seems kind of mealy, and that's something that I just can't get into. And thanks for having unbelievably small zucchinis and squashes in stock — they are the perfect size for Jeffrey and I's Squash & Zucchini Pasta.

Oh, and as an aside: I appreciate your colorfulness and overall good mood. You're my favorite section of the grocery store.

Love, R.

2 comments:

Evie said...

Cute post.

Wait until you enjoy the Madison Farmer's Market! Produce lovers paradise!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ah, I love this. There's something about the produce section that always induces warm, fuzzy feelings in me, as well!! :)