* After a lot of research, I've decided to go dairy free until our wedding! I've suffered from cystic acne for over 4 years now (it started up when I entered college) and have done nearly everything to make it go away. While my acne has subsided and been much more manageable than it was just two years ago, it still isn't perfect. I've done tons and tons of research about acne and have decided to give going dairy free a go. I'm nervous! I love pizza and put parmesan cheese on everything, but I'm hoping this will give me some clarity on my face.
* Taking Woody on a long walk everyday has been my bliss over the last few weeks. There's nothing quite like a stroll through campus with my love, and our sweet little pup gets some exercise in the process. Jeffrey and I have had some wonderful conversations on our walks (about some deep and exciting things!) and I think it is a wonderful way to reset and disconnect from things that might not have gone our way during the work day, or otherwise.
* We've been in the process of making a little movie to document the month of January and we're planning to do this the whole year. I have a serious love for short little home movies and I've had a blast putting this one together. :)
* The best thing I've ever done for my morning routine is choosing an outfit and ironing it the night before. I usually try to choose my wardrobe for the entire week, but when I'm in a pinch, one day at a time will do. I absolutely loooove freshly ironed clothing (and not standing in front of my closet asking the age old question, "what to wear?!?" at 5:30 AM feels nice).
* We have no idea what we're doing next year! This scares me to my core. I am the kind of person who likes to think 1, 2 or even 3 weeks ahead. It is programmed within me to be like this. I'm trying to be at peace with our rootlessness, but I'm not always good at it. It helps to think about the next year as an adventure and remind myself that, no matter what, we will be okay.
* My current favorite thing to wear is a ring made by my great grandfather-in-law. It was gifted to me by my (almost) mother-in-law at my bridal shower last weekend and I love it. I didn't know this man, but it makes me feel like I did. And it makes me feel loved that my in-laws are trusting me with such a precious family heirloom. Marriage brings so many wonderful things!
* Some things I'm loving:
- This simple baseball cap from Madewell
- A Blog About Love (such a pleasant read on a Sunday morning)
- Coconut oil for homemade popcorn
- I'm really interested in getting this leash for Woody (who could stand to learn a thing or two about pulling)
- Topman is a really lovely store I just discovered for men's clothing (I think it may originally come from the UK)
- A good thing to remember.
I hope you're having the loveliest Sunday! xo, R.
P.S. Do you like posts like this? I sometimes try to lean away from posts that are word-heavy, but I like sharing with you guys!