Monday, April 2, 2012

on blogging and readerships.

thank you

I remember the first time I sat down to blog. After I had carefully chosen my URL and gone through all the steps of registering my name and information, I clicked on the 'New Post' button and was taken to a big, blank, white box. I don't really remember the thoughts that went through my head, the words I typed, or if it made me feel any better, but I have come back to this space over and over again to write about my life — my family, my friends, Jeffrey, myself, anything.

Throughout my time in this community, I've made some good friends. I've never met these people, but I have corresponded with them through email and have been fortunate enough to read the glimpses of the life they've been willing to share with myself and the rest of their lovely readers. I have commented, spent hours scrolling through archives, cried, laughed, and felt a deep connection with people who do not know me personally and, most likely, never will. In my opinion, that is a special and unique experience.

I can't say that I've ever garnered a large readership, but I have gained a loyal one. The same people constantly comment on my posts, offer me encouragement, and fuel me to continue my quest of documenting my life at this space. I am so thankful for that. I am so thankful for those people, the connections formed here, the friendships made.

Although I don't remember my feelings as I sat down at this computer to blog nearly three years ago, I can assure you that I never believed I would forge meaningful relationships here. I only ever thought my readers would be people who knew me in real life.

So, to you, my readers, thank you for being here. Thank you for taking the time to come to this space daily, weekly, or even monthly to check up on my life and its happenings. Thank you for taking the time to comment and email me and ask me questions and encourage me to continue on. Our friendships are certainly unconventional ones, but I am so appreciative of them every time I think of them. I don't thank you enough for simply reading, being here, and coming back. Your words mean more to me than you know and I appreciate your readership dearly and sincerely. xo, R.

P.S. I'll be back tomorrow with a post about breakfast. :)

1 comment:

megan kristine said...

I actually just hit follow a few days ago, but your blog is such a fun and simple place. And I love it.
And I love this post, too. Blogging is so amazing; it's like nothing else. I definitely didn't know when I started that I'd end up where I am. But it's wonderful.
xo.