Thursday, April 12, 2012

easter.

easter #3
easter #4
easter #9
easter #7
easter #8
easter #6
easter #1
easter #5
easter #2

I love Easter. We have always celebrated Easter as a small family, taking the time to enjoy every minute of such a special day. This year we started our day by going to the Sunrise Service, which is one of my very favorite things ever, in the history of the world. It is so cozy and peaceful and quiet and serene to bring our own chairs and set up with all the other early risers to sing together, pray together, and just be together.

Although my sister and I are (technically) adults, we still have an Easter egg hunt and revel in the little trinkets we receive in our baskets. It is just lovely to savor those tiny moments that seem to pass by without recognition on any other day of the week. But Easter always renews me and makes me want to celebrate those tiny moments all the time. As often as I try to remind myself to be present and be aware of my blessings, Easter always makes me much more aware of that, and for that I am truly thankful.

This year we decided to have an Easter brunch. We sat in our back porch and enjoyed the lovely Florida weather. We had surprisingly cool temperatures this year, which was yet another thing to be truly grateful for. Whether you choose to celebrate Easter or not, for me it always represents a time of renewal, and that can be powerful for anyone. xo, R.

2 comments:

K. said...

So beautiful R! Easter is glorious isn't it? that food looks wonderful.And you're never too old to hunt for eggs;)
Yours,
K

Christina said...

those dishes look delicious :) I'm so glad you got an easter basket. :)

I have to say, I missed having one this year. We did managed to die eggs for easter deviled eggs, though!