Tuesday, March 6, 2012

heritage village.

heritage village #8
heritage village #10
heritage village #6
heritage village #9
heritage village #5
heritage village #7
heritage village #2
heritage village #1
heritage village #4
heritage village #3

I don't know about you, but I get a certain feeling when visiting places of the past. Heritage Village is a park in our town that saves old houses, restores them to their natural splendor, and opens them for the public to explore. It often makes me wonder about the people who lived in those homes -- their names, their trials, and their triumphs. It's easy to get lost in thought in a place like Heritage Village and my family has been going there for years and years to visit a bit of local history.

When my brother-in-law's family was in town this weekend, we decided to take them there in hopes they would love it as much as we do. They did! It helps when you can get Coke in glass bottles from the old general store. :) xo, R.

2 comments:

Luke said...

Such a lovely place to unwind... Hope to see more pics! You're using a really good cam~ Nikon or Canon d-SLR?

Roxanne said...

Thanks, Luke! I'm using a Nikon d3100.