Saturday, August 6, 2011

why i'm not allowed to watch scary movies.

I can't watch scary movies.

I'm going to let you in on an embarrassing secret: The first Harry Potter movie scared (and still scares) me. Because Voldermort was totally coming to get me in the middle of the night after I saw that movie. And Harry wasn't going to be there to save me.

After seeing the Sixth Sense I could not walk to my room alone.

After seeing Psycho, I couldn't take a shower for weeks. Sometimes I still have to take baths.

In order to watch scary movies, I have to psyche myself out. For instance, after watching Harry Potter, I had to remind myself (multiple times) that people don't live on the back of other peoples' heads. On top of that, they do not conceal those people with turbans.

So when Gaslight came in the mail this week, I wanted to watch it, but I knew it was going to be rough. I'm not joking, people. I get seriously freaked out.

And here's the good news: The movie was really great (and it was also scary/creepy).

Here's the bad news: I had a dream that I could see dead people after watching it.

(Gaslight really doesn't have much to do with dead people, just so you know.)

I think I probably fulfilled my scary movie quota for the year, but I really think you should watch Gaslight. Ingrid Bergman is a true gem!


Have a great weekend! xo, R.

2 comments:

Ed Woltil said...

Ha ha ha...I loved watching Gaslight with you so much! I agree, Ingrid Bergman was fantastic...she deserved the Oscar!

Jamie @ charmingly ordinary said...

Ha! I have sworn off scary movies, too. I'm still afraid of the dark, as is! ;)