Tuesday, May 11, 2010

full of fun things.

Almond Biscotti. Let me be clear: I have never liked biscotti. I always think it tastes like a stale cookie, and not a good one at that. So, I thought I'd try making it myself. It. was. so. delicious. Please go make this right now. Oh, and I used orange juice in place of orange liqueur and I thought it tasted fabulous.
biscotti.
And then Jeffrey and I made whole wheat apple muffins for Teacher's Appreciation Week, which I think is probably one of the most wonderful weeks out of the year. I mean, a week dedicated entirely to honoring teachers? So brilliant. And since I'm going to be a teacher, I might be a little partial.
whole wheat apple muffins.
On a particularly balmy night, Jeffrey and I got takeout from our favorite Thai restaurant and had a picnic. It's one of our favorite places to picnic and we actually carve the date into a nearby bamboo shoot every time we visit. It was perfect picnic weather.
summer picnic.
I also made brownies from scratch for the first time ever. I can't believe I hadn't done this sooner. They were so spectacular!
brownie lovin'.
I have some really exciting projects in the works. I can't share them yet because they all have to do with Jeffrey's birthday, but I promise I will as soon as I can. What have you been doing lately? I hope you're spending plenty of time outside — can't believe the beautiful weather we are currently being blessed with.

xo,
R.

No comments: