Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Break 2010: Monday & Tuesday

Unfortunately, this is where I totally forgot that I owned a camera and neglected to take any pictures of these two days. Why, oh why?

Monday, March 8th, 2010
I went out to lunch with my two best friends. We are shameless lovers/supporters of Olive Garden's unlimited Soup/Salad/Breadsticks deal and took full advantage of it. Like I said, shameless. We talked about the normal stuff — you know, things like meeting up at Olive Garden when we're old and still talking about high school and weddings and the future. It was fun, but it always is. Then, we hung out at my house and just talked some more and perused our high school yearbooks; such an entertaining pastime. Love it.
Once again, my mind has totally blanked and I have no idea what I did Monday night. Sometimes I wonder about myself.

Tuesday, March 9th, 2010
My mom took the day off of work and we went shopping. This is something that we commonly do. I was blessed with a mother who has impeccable taste and fortunately we share very similar styles. She's definitely one of my favorite shopping partners (my sister is my other favorite). Then, we went to P.F. Chang's and ate on the patio. I shared a piece of my fortune cookie with a sparrow. They're so cute, I had to. My mom and I always have the best time — I'm really lucky to have her. We also went to Crate & Barrel and I contemplated which comforter I liked most.

I don't know. What do you think? Normally green would be the obvious choice because it's my favorite color, but there's something really happy about the yellow and I promise the blue actually looks good in person. The picture is simply not doing it justice. Let me know what you think in the comments.
My mom and I came home after a looong day of shopping and who knows what we did next. Seriously. Who am I? This is so horrible. I can't believe that I am drawing such a blank. I'm pretty sure we watched Where The Wild Things Are, which I had already seen and still do not like it. I'm sorry, but that is not a children's movie and it is a children's book, so shouldn't the movie have been for the children? Let me know if I'm missing something. I'm pretty sure the movie's only redeeming quality was the goat, Alexander, who I would absolutely recruit as my best friend if he were real.
I guess I was just expecting something different and half the time I really didn't understand the point of certain scenes. Like, why was the chicken's arm ripped off and then replaced with sticks, and how would anyone explain the meaning of that to a small child? Anyway, I guess it's pretty clear how much I enjoyed that movie. The book, however, is a masterpiece, and always will be.

xo, R.

*images found here and here.

8 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

So few people list their mom as their favorite shopping partner - I love that you do! I always think of my mom as the best shopping partner a girl could have, as well - we always seem to make a beeline to the very same pieces when we're in stores.

So glad your Spring Break is going well, my love!! :)

live.work.design said...

i love shopping with my mom, it's my fave!

Destini Bryant said...

It's funny, we're opposite. Yellow is MY favorite color, but there's something soothing about the green.

Sarah said...

Aw, I loved Where the Wild Things Are! Although, I have yet to read the book. Personally, I like the yellow comforter. Green's my favorite color too, so I was really drawn to that, but I think that the yellow is just so lovely and cheery, and all things that match it would be wonderful. :) Your time with your friends sounds exactly like my friends and I when we get together! Good to know I'm not alone in that.

Christina said...

Moms are great shopping partners! Sometimes I get frustrated with mine, but I can always count on her to tell me when something makes my butt look funny.

I had mixed feelings about Where the Wild Things Are. I think it was interesting to see how the child's situation took a toll on him psychologically, but I went into the theater thinking it would be a fantastic children's movie that adults could relate to...oh well. :)

Elyssa said...

i vote yellow!!! i had yellow sheets once and i LOVED seeing my happy yellow bed...esp in a sunny room. i highly recommend.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I can't shop with my mom - but that's because she hates to shop! Weird, I know.

Hailey said...

I love the green and yellow - in fact when I saw them in Crate and Barrel I wanted it but didn't know if I would pick green (which I always do) or yellow (to mix it up). Haha. Let us know which one you picked!