Sunday, January 17, 2010

Decadence.

I'm not really sure how you would define a popover. I'm trying to decide if I want to call it bread, or if I want to call it a pastry. For now I think I'll call it a Brastry or maybe even Pead. I don't know, but it doesn't really matter what it's called, because when I made Popovers on Saturday morning, I'm pretty sure no one was thinking of what to categorize them as.
About 10 years ago, my family took a trip. It was a wonderful trip, like most trips are. But you wanna know what was extra special about this trip? Eating popovers on a grassy lawn. Yeah, I said it. We were so enchanted by those pastries (or that puff of bread) that we went and bought ourselves a Popover pan, because they actually require their own pan. That's how special they are.
10 years later, that Popover pan was still sitting in our cabinet, unused. That was, until I found an exquisite Popover recipe that my taste buds will never forget. I found the recipe at Cupcakes & Cashmere, who got it from Orangette, who adapted it from The Bread Bible. (I guess it is considered bread!)

Anyway, the popovers were incredible and extremely easy to make. The only pain is that you have to have a certain pan to make them, but I would suggest buying one — they're that good.
xo

1 comment:

LW said...

Those popovers were delicious!! Eating them took me right back to our afternoon tea on Jordan Pond. XO