Sunday, December 27, 2009

Resolutions.

I generally hold the belief that resolutions or short-term goals are something that we should set and work toward throughout the year. I think it's a nice idea to set some kind of new goal monthly, weekly, or even daily. But New Year's sparks a special motivation for me and I set admittedly hefty goals every year.

So, this year my lovely boyfriend and I decided to make a joint goal and it's something I'm very excited about. We're both incredibly busy; he's an extremely dedicated art student and I am a hard-working education student, so put together we have a lot on our plates. We make time to spend together on a daily basis, but sometimes it's difficult and all we want to do is sit on the couch and watch re-runs of random shows we find on Hulu.

When we went back to school this year we planned to play tennis at least once a week.

We didn't play once.

We also planned to ride bikes on Sunday mornings.

We rode twice. One of those times I got a flat tire and his brother had to trek out into the wilderness to find us.

So, for New Year's 2010, we have pledged to play tennis once a week, commit to our Sunday morning bike rides, and run once a week. (We haven't really discussed the running too clearly, but I hope he will be on board with this plan.)

Let's hope that my motivation to actually go through with this plan is not gone two days after the new year starts.

Here's to perseverance, persistence, and positiveness in 2010!

2 comments:

LW said...

If you keep your resolution, I'll keep mine!

Anonymous said...

Go, Roxy, go!