Monday, November 30, 2009

Fighting a Case of the Mondays

I generally try to keep a pretty positive attitude about the school week. I try not to rely on the weekend for fun and relaxation, but sometimes I just can't help it. Today I woke up completely exhausted, headache-y, and wanting to do anything but get ready and head to class. I'm attributing this unsavory morning to the fact that I had a wonderful Thanksgiving vacation and wasn't really ready to face classes again. Thank goodness I am skilled in finding the silver lining. I found that these few things helped to make my Monday feel a lot more manageable and enjoyable.

- I went to my classes and then indulged in a nice, long, well-deserved nap.

- I made a wonderful sandwich for lunch today that included: Marble swirled bread, cucumber, carrot ribbons, romaine, and a garlic and herb Laughing Cow wedge. Needless to say it was delicious. I polished it off with a piece of Birthday cake my roommate gave me. It was leftover from her festivities and it was delicious.

- We put Christmas decorations up in our room! We actually did this last night, but it was heartwarming to wake up to.

- And tonight I'm going to see Fantastic Mr. Fox with my boyfriend, which I've already seen once, but it was good enough to see again. Definitely a wonderful movie to add to the 'Feel Good Flicks' list.

These few, simple things have made my Monday feel not-so-bad!

xo

No comments: