Tuesday, February 5, 2013

list thirty-four: 10 uses for coconut oil.

coconut oil

1. On toast (instead of butter)
2. For homemade popcorn (~3 tablespoons coconut oil + 1/3 cup popcorn kernels)
3. As a face wash (idea from Mara)
4. For troubled cuticles
5. Lotion for winter skin
6. Deep hair conditioner (let soak for 30 minutes before rinsing)
7. Strawberry dip (scoop of coconut oil + scoop of nutella, melt on the stovetop and enjoy [a double boiler works best for this])
8. In place of shaving cream
9. For roasting apples (brown sugar + cinnamon + coconut oil)
10. To soothe an irritated nose (from blowing into tissues!)

Coconut oil has become such a centerpiece in my life over the past few weeks and I'm loving it. I reach for it everyday now and it has so many amazing properties and uses. I'm sure I just scratched the surface with this post. Do you have any uses for coconut oil that I forgot to mention? xo, R.

P.S. Some people refrigerate theirs because it tends to change forms, but I keep mine in a cool, dark portion of the cabinet and I don't have any problems!

P.P.S. I have tried this brand and loved it, but now I'm using Trader Joe's and it's great (plus, it's really affordable)!

1 comment:

LW said...

I like to use coconut oil in place of canola oil when I'm baking. Pretty tasty and healthier too! XXOO