Sunday, January 6, 2013

welcome, 2013.

newyear

Resolution posts have come and gone, haven't they? It seems only fitting that I'd be behind the mark this year. Being sick over the holidays is one sure way to slow you right down. Resolutions are tricky. I only like to set one if I believe I can actually hold myself to it. I think last year I vowed to take my vitamins everyday, which I did okay on (I could've been better). I'm not sure about my resolution this year. It hardly seems like I should be welcoming a new year! 2012 honestly flew by. I'm getting married in just a little over two months and it seems like we just got engaged (even though that was two years ago!). I'm nearly halfway done with my master's degree (what?!) and Jeffrey and I are in the midst of planning a Pacific Northwest honeymoon.

I think this year I need to work on not taking things for granted. So many mornings I wake up and just go right on with the grind, but that's no way to live life. I am fortunate to intern with a group of people who make me smile and my work makes a difference. I should be more thankful for that. I'm marrying the love of my life this year and as our wedding approaches it's easy to get overwhelmed by the big event that comes with it, but I get to marry the person I love. That's certainly something worth celebrating. We recently welcomed a dog into our lives (pictures coming!) and as he lays right here next to me, I just know that I could be more thankful for the little things. So perhaps that's my resolution this year. It seems like a good place to begin anyway. xo, R.

1 comment:

Eden Marie said...

Sounds like you had a great year! Here's to another great one!! love your blog. :)