Monday, July 9, 2012

the nutmeg bakery cafe + blue ridge parkway.

blueridge6
blueridge7
blueridge8
blueridge2
blueridge5
blueridge4
blueridge3
blueridge1

Hello, my sweet readers. I hope you had the loveliest weekend! Today I have another post from our North Carolina trip and I happen to be very fond of this particular day! Why? We found the most wonderful cafe I've been to in a long time. The Nutmeg Bakery Cafe is home to the best bagel I've ever tasted (and I've had a New York bagel!) and our sandwich had a piece of pecan smoked bacon on it that was out of this world! I love breakfast sandwiches, but I am now indebted to this one, specifically. I'm anxious to go back to North Carolina if only for one of these sandwiches, and that's crazy talk, my friends!

After we got our breakfast sandwiches (and the smell wafted temptingly through our car) we headed down the Blue Ridge Parkway until we discovered a lookout point that would be suitable for our breakfast picnic. The Blue Ridge mountains are honestly breathtakingly beautiful and I think they are a sight which everyone should behold at some point in their lives.
True, natural beauty at its finest. xo, R.

1 comment:

LW said...

I wish I had one of those breakfast sandwiches right now as I travel through Portland in an Airport shuttle van!!!! XXOO