Friday, June 22, 2012

father's day + bike tour.

fathersday1
fathersday3
fathersday4
fathersday6
fathersday7
fathersday5
fathersday2

On Father's Day we took Andy to the dog beach and read about some must-see destinations for our trip out West. The weather was absolutely stunning and the water was so calm! Andy enjoyed himself (obviously) and lobbied pretty hard for some scraps of bagel. He won. He always does.

Jeffrey has been planning a bicycle tour of the West (from Portland to San Francisco) for over a year now. This summer, he and a good friend of his are finally on their way. As a matter of fact, they're already out there, about to head out on their bicycles for a once-in-a-lifetime journey. I'm so excited for them! On Father's Day they were out on their bikes doing some training and we happened to see them, so we stopped at a beach plaza and said hello. I love, love, love running into Jeffrey randomly! It would happen on campus every now and again and it always made my day.

I'm so proud of Jeffrey and his friend for going after such a big dream of theirs. When I think about the two of them on their bikes, I can't help but smile. It's very special to watch a dream hatch from something small and very distant to something tangible! I'm also excited to meet him out there (our paths will only cross for a day or two) to offer some extra support. Jeffrey is so committed to going after his most vivid and important dreams. It's one of my very favorite things about him!

No comments: