Tuesday, May 22, 2012

peanut butter cookies.

pbcookies

On Sunday evening I was sitting in my apartment, craving something sweet. With peanut butter in it. Then I remembered that Joanna had posted this recipe a few weeks ago. As I looked through the ingredient list, I realized I had all of them. That's why these cookies should be called Dangerous Cookies instead of Peanut Butter Cookies because you can make them whenever you want if you have all the ingredients, and I'm assuming you probably do.

I did exhibit some self control by cutting the recipe in half*, although I mainly did it so I wouldn't completely deplete our peanut butter supply. Then I realized I actually did not have all the ingredients and I was missing brown sugar, so I used Demerara sugar instead, which lots of Internet people said would be fine. I trust Internet people about things like this.

I have never really been a big fan of milk, even when I was little, but these cookies called for a very small glass of milk to dip them in, obviously. What I'm trying to say is this: make these cookies.

Also, Jeffrey doesn't like peanut butter, so I get all of these cookies. This was not planned in advance, but fate does us all a favor sometimes.

*When I realized that I would need to use half an egg, things got a bit precarious. But! I did not give up. Instead, I cracked the egg, whisked it all together and put half of that in the mixture. It worked.

No comments: