Wednesday, March 21, 2012

banana bread (with coconut oil).

banana bread
If you're like me, then you like bananas, but have a hard time eating one just all by itself. And I think that's why I love banana bread so much — it's like eating a banana with a bunch of other really delicious flavors mixed in. If you're not like me, and you just really like bananas, you'll probably enjoy this bread, too! Recipe adapted from here.

Ingredients

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil*
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a loaf pan or a 9-inch square baking pan.

2.In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate, large bowl, whisk together the honey and oil, then add the bananas. Add the water and vanilla and stir to combine.

3. Add the flour mixture, and stir together until just combined.

4. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

* I found this bread to be a bit dry, and I'm not exactly sure why. I'm inclined to add a smidgen more oil the next time to see if that does the trick.

No comments: