Tuesday, February 7, 2012

tampa theatre (richard thompson concert).

tt 4
tt
tt 5
tt 3
tt 7
tt 2
tt 6

On Friday night, I had the honor of watching my dad play at the Tampa Theatre, which is a really magical place. He opened for Richard Thompson, a renowned musician. It was an incredible opportunity and one that we were all so proud to attend. I wasn't able to get any pictures of him on stage (he looked like a white blob), but I think that night will forever be engraved in my mind anyway. Every nook of the Tampa Theatre is filled with something beautifully ornate. It is the kind of place that one could go to everyday for a year and still stumble upon something different on each occasion. As my dad played his guitar and sung, my heart swelled with pride. It is such a joy to watch him perform, and it makes me feel so very lucky to be his daughter. Needless to say, it was a night I will never forget.

2 comments:

Christina said...

How incredible that you got to see your dad play at this gorgeous theater! This post makes me miss Tampa.

That theater is truly magical.

Roxanne said...

I couldn't agree more. Such a gem!