Thursday, February 16, 2012

florida travel guide.

travel guide

As a citizen (and lover) of The Sunshine State, I felt as though it was high time to create a guide dedicated to exploring the hidden gems that my home state has to offer. Florida is a place that will always have a special spot in my heart. My childhood was spent slurping popsicles that had melted, building sandcastles, and wearing a lot of tank tops, shorts, and flip flops.

People tend to think they have Florida pegged down: Old people, tourist trap (see: Disney World), hot. These may be true, but there are also a lot of small wonders off the beaten path that I, personally, believe are worth seeing. I think most residents of Florida would agree with me.

Obviously, this guide will grow. It will also take me some time to poke through my archives to pull out the posts in which I write about specific places (my desire to be private often leaves my descriptions somewhat vague). Therefore, I have decided to present this guide in sections. I'll start with restaurants (which will be posted tomorrow), perhaps my favorite category.

And as a general disclaimer, my recommendations may or may not suit your tastes. For example, if you don't fancy a giant garage sale that requires a lot of patience to find a bit of magic to take home, then the Junk Lady is probably not for you. That being said, every place or attraction I add to this list is one that gets a sparkling recommendation from me (and, most likely, my family and friends). Of course, if you have any questions, please email me.

No comments: