Laken's Quirks01. I've inadvertently started collecting glass jars. Mason jars, milk jars, pitchers.. anything. Every time I go to the thrift store, I come back with a new one. I started to buy them for canning purposes, but now I'm just addicted.
02. Barnes and Noble is one of my happy places. I spend hours flipping through cookbooks and learning new things. Even though my wallet never really allows me to buy things I want, I just love being surrounded by so much information.
03. I hardly ever put perfume directly on my skin. I spray it in front of me -- then walk through it. In my mind, it makes it more "airy".
04. I'm always carrying around a stack of books. No matter where I go or how long I'll be there.. I take at least 3 different books, magazines and journals. Just in case.
05. I can't go a day with running into something and creating a serious bruise. I guess I just always have so many things in my head, I can't be bothered with where I'm walking.
06. A bad pen can ruin my day. If I can't find one of my three Sharpie pens or one with a felt tip, it's bad news. Regular ol' ball points just don't do it for me.
07. I have two systems of organization for recipes. When the recipe is genuinely great, it gets a recipe card (from Rifle Paper Co.) and goes in the wooden box that Tyler handmade for me. When the recipe is just good, it goes in my Moleskine recipe journal.
Thanks, Laken! If you'd like to participate, look here.