Saturday, May 15, 2010

list two: people i'd like to have dinner with (dead or alive).

Does anyone else think about this while walking to class or driving in their car? No? Just me? Okay. This list is obviously not exhaustive. I could probably write a book about this subject.

1. My Grandparents. My grandparents died when I was very young. Some died before I was even born. My Grammy died when I was in elementary school. I've always known my grandparents to be with me. I know they never really left my life and I know they never really will. However, it would be nice to sit down with them and share a meal together. It wouldn't need to be anything fancy. A picnic would probably be nice. And plenty of time to talk about whatever we want for as long as we want.

2. Audrey Hepburn. My adoration for her could not be expressed in words or gestures. I think she was grand. And to eat dinner with her? Well, that'd be really swell.

3. Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter). Just because I'm sure he'd have some really amazing stories and I love his accent. I'd make sure his wife and daughter got an invite, too.

4. Barack Obama. Because I think that man gets a lot of flack, and I would want to tell him that I think he's doing a splendid job and that no one should expect change to happen over night. And I'd tell him that I'm sorry that people make hurtful comments toward him, especially since he has such young children.

5. Sandra Bullock. Doesn't she just seem like a nice person to have dinner with? She's a no-nonsense kinda gal, and I like that. She could also bring her adorable baby. Pretty sure I'm in love with that little guy. I'd also tell her that she looked stunning at the Oscars. Hands-down incredible, actually.

6. Abraham Lincoln. Who wouldn't want to have dinner with him?

7. Bob Dylan. Because he's the only person that Jeffrey actually thinks: "Hm, I wonder what Bob Dylan is doing right now." This would really be more like a gift to Jeffrey, but I would come along. He seems like a pretty interesting guy.

8. Chris Martin. Because I love Coldplay and want to personally tell him that I was hurt and confused when he canceled the concert that Jeffrey had bought us tickets for. And then he could give us a personal concert, which would be much better anyway.

9. Tom Hanks. He just seems like a really awesome guy, right?

10. Anne Frank. She was brave and sweet and kind. Everything a person should be.

11. Frank Sinatra. His music makes my heart happy. And it also makes me want to dance, which is a pretty big deal since dancing isn't really my thing.

12. Jeffrey's Papa. I've heard countless wonderful things about this man. And I believe Every. Single. One. Of. Them. I've been told that we would really like one another. So it would mean a lot if we could share a meal.

2 comments:

Jeffrey said...

I love you so much! Would I be invited to your grandparent's sinner? Lovin ya! +)

Chaucee said...

If you ever score a dinner date with Sandra Bullock you just HAVE to invite me. ; ) Just kidding.
well not really....
okay i'm going now.