Thursday, May 6, 2010

homemade spaghetti sauce.

homemade sauce.
Spaghetti is a big deal. In my family, we eat it all the time. Jeffrey and I cook it once a week and never tire of it. It's just one of those meals that means a lot to me. I went through a phase where I refused to eat Ragu. Then, once I started college, I stopped being picky about my spaghetti sauces. However, if given the option I'd still pick other sauces over Ragu. And I'd pick this homemade sauce over any other sauce, so that must mean it's really good. Here's a philosophy that I really like to live by when I can: if I can make it from scratch, I should. And this recipe is so easy, it's almost ridiculous not to make it. The only thing I added was a clove of garlic (minced). I think it just helped with the flavor. Oh, and also, I'm a huge lover of onions and so I opted to cut my onion up so I could leave it in the sauce. It was a good choice for all the onion lovers out there. And one more thing, I used Earth Balance instead of butter and it tasted just as good as the time I made it with real butter.
dinner is served.
julia child salad.
And what's a meal without a salad, right?

Have a wonderful Thursday.

xo, R.

No comments: