Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Quirk Project (No. 3)

Jeffrey is a really special person to me. Not only is he an incredible boyfriend (and person!), but I owe a lot to him. Before Jeffrey and I started dating, I was in a rut — the type of rut where I lost part of myself because I was trying to fit into some unappealing mold that I thought I needed to fit into. I would like to think that I got out of this rut on my own, and that's true to some extent, but I have to give a lot of credit to Jeffrey. He is such a unique person and I think that really shines through in everything he does. His energy is contagious and he really knows how to stay true to himself. That really caught my eye and allowed me to retreat back to my former self and really become myself again. Of course, I also have to give credit to my loving and supportive family, but Jeffrey has always loved me for exactly who I am, embraces my quirks, and encourages me to be no one but myself. So, sappiness aside:

Jeffrey's Quirks


1. I have 6 1/2 dreadlocks that I love. I'm even proud of them. But sometimes I wish they weren't there. They always come out of my ponytail/bun thing, very annoying. But they are pretty sweet too! Most people think they are gross, too bad!

2. I spend way too much time in the ceramics studio. I don't think it's a bad thing, but the loss of sleep is not the best thing ever. I like to think I am dedicated, even though that means staying up until 6 in the morning working on pots.

3. I have this thing for bikes. I just can't get enough of them. I have 5 and I wouldn't hesitate a second to get another one. This collection of mine is very important to me and I'm glad that Roxanne understands, my mom sure doesn't.

4. I twitch. It's not a good thing at all. I will twerk my head or count things. It's weird. End of story.

5. I love the Olympics. More than you think. My life goal is to be in them, though I have no plans of actually pursuing it. I am so proud to be American those 2 weeks, not always so much after.

6. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE pizza. Give me it anytime, I'll eat it, I promise. I could be stuffed to the brim but if you offer me pizza, I will eat it. It makes me so happy. I cannot think of a situation that pizza could not make better!

7. Old things. Old things are so interesting. I have this weird idea that literally anything is better if it is old. Even if it hardly works anymore, I think it's better than something new. It just seems like they are made SO much better, more style, more character. I wish new stuff were old stuff.


read more about submitting your own list of quirks here.

5 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Hehe, I loooooooove pizza too. Drives my husband nuts because he said I made him OD on it.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Oh, I am so with Jeffrey on the bike front - I am obsessed! Needless to say, I don't actually own one right now; but I want to get a vintage bike (pink please!) with a little basket in the front! :)

Sarah said...

This is so great! I love you guys together- you're adorable & I think you have a great relationship (from what I can tell). I admire it!

Roxanne said...

Thanks, Sarah! :D

Destini said...

Ah, isn't he the best... haha, these quirks put a smile on my face. I agree with Sarah, you two have the greatest relationship ever...and I can't stop obsessing over how adorable you both are.. individually, and together.